Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sewing project #1 complete!


Isn't she lovely? I love the color, black with hot pink polka dots.


I will not be keeping it though for myself, I'm selling this bad boy, (or girl) if you are interested let me know, Christmas is around the corner!


I was inspired to start sewing, because I wanted to make Summers diaper wipes out of super soft flannel recieving blankets. If you wonder why cloth wipes, here's why. When I'm done with a wipe I can just throw it in the diaper and wash it all together, just like people that use disposables, put their disposable wipes in the dipe and toss in the garbage. Thanks to Grandma Teri, I can sew now. I couldn't remember how to use a sewing machine, so she brought hers over and taught me.


One other thing I have made makes me really happy! You know those plastic produce bags at the grocery store? I made draw strings cloths bags for our grocery trips. And they were (sew=)) easy to make, I took an old white sheer curtain I was not going to use and used twill for the draw string. These weigh 4 oz compared to plastic that are 1 oz, but it's worth it. Marine animals find these plastic bags in the ocean and think they are food and bring them home to their babies, and then they die because of these bags. Reusable are the way to go!





This is my new to me sewing machine, a vintage Singer sewing machine in console, (that works perfectly) and this cool retro chair. I found this on Craigslist and gave the guy $30. What a steal! Though it's hard to get any sewing time in with Summer running around, but I manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment