Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WAL*MART employee of the month

Chris and I left Summer with Grandma Teri to go do out grocery shopping at walmart last night. Dang you walmart, I hate you but I love your prices! It is nice to get out alone just as a couple even if it is a trip to the store.

When we are all finished up I pick a line that had only a few people in it with a few items. When we get up there for our turn, Chris is getting all the stuff out of the cart and I get to meet walmart's employee of the month! Lucky me! She was a heavy set women, looked possibly pregnant but I believe she was too old to be bearing child, with thick wavy blond and gray hair pulled back into a pony tail. She was wearing no smile, was moving quite slow, I think because she was in a very bad mood. There was a little girl probably 18 months old in a cart shouting by customer service, and our cashier kept giving the evil eye too and grumbleing under her breath. I pretended not to notice. Chris looked up towards the little girl and our cashier said, "annoying in'it?" Chris did not hear her, she then goes on to say to herself, "She's entertaining herself, and annoying the rest of us." I was thinking yikes! I picked a bad line!

This was all before she even got our reusable bags ready to bag our stuff. Most employees do not like bagging with the reusable bags and our EOTM did not either. She takes all my bags and starts shaking them and says to me, "You really should wash these, there is pet hair on them, that is so unsanitary!" In a snotty, uptight tone. I then told her that I tried washing one and it balled up and that they were not washable. So she grabs a bag looks at the tag and sees it reads, "hand wash only." She raised her vioce and said. "hand wash only? That is ridiculous! They are supposed to be reusable!" And adds, "I'm allegic to pet hair" with the same tone and started sniffleing dramatically and wiping her nose on her shirt. I looked over at Chris with wide eyes but he was oblivious to the whole thing, still busy getting our things out of the cart. When we left I'm sure the poorwoman waiting behind us got an earful of my pet hair bags. Chris couldn't believe what he had missed, he probably would have said something smart to her, if he had heard though.

We have pets, and my bags have a few pet hairs on them, but it wasn't like I let the dogs roll around on my bags. I will use a lint roller before going to the store next time, in case I run into Mrs. Sniffles again...

No comments:

Post a Comment