Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A beautiful day!



We got outta town! We did! We really, really did! I know that sounds totally lame, and this would not be an accomplishment for most. But for us this is huge! I woke up this morning and before we even got out of bed I decided I wanted to go to see my mom who lives 45 minutes away.

Summer is a nightmare in the car, she cries, sobs, and screams, it makes my stomach hurt, it is so bad. I have not been to my hometown since before Easter, so probably 7months. Crazy I know!

I got her diaper bag prepared with enough stuff in case we made it there but couldn't make it back home. LOL! In the back of my head I thought it was silly, b/c we would only make it 10 minutes out of the city before she started to act up. I let her eat her breakfast in the car, I gave her a baggie of grapes. My Lord it worked! Now they didn't last the whole time obviously and she still did very well. A lot of prayers were said today.

Grandma was so happy to see her, she hasn't been there since she was really little so she didn't remember anything at all and everything was new. She was excited about everything, especially mom's dog Oz and the cat. She was giving grandma kisses like crazy it was a really fun day! We went to see great Grandma Faye and she had nothing but compliments to say, which, if you know her, that really is something coming from her! (Sorry Grandma Faye, you know it's true. LOL)

Unfortunatley, I left in such a hurry this morning I didn't think to bring my camera, so I'll throw in some recent pics of my Summer bummer.



Dancing queen


Little pigtails

No comments:

Post a Comment