Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

All good in the hood

Babies are booming on my block. When we moved into this nice quiet neighborhood almost 5 years ago, it was mainly older people, who's kids where all grown up and out of the house. Within the last couple years, we have had some younger couples move in. And just on our little street there is going to be three babies born with in 3 months of each other. My next door neighbor is due any day now, and a girl up the street is due a week after me.

I have spoken to one of my older neighbors one day last summer as Summer and I were going for a walk, and we ended up sitting in his front lawn chatting for almost an hour. He told me he was one of the original S.O.B.'s, funny eh? "South Olive Bunch" is what they called themselves, (the street we live on.) The men and women would get together once a week, the women would play cards and the the men would meet somewhere to drink coffee and chat. He still meets up with two of the other men, although it was starting to dwindle as health was getting in the way and one was now in a nursing home. Chris and I have a pretty good relationship with most of the neighbors and I love it. Some of course stick to themselves, mostly the ones of our age. I don't know what it is, maybe once all the babies are born we will have a common denominator : D

But for now I have a lot of love from neighbors that give me tips on gardening, tell me what's going on with their neighbors, lol, we talk about our dogs, and what's happening at church, since I don't attend; someone give me a kick in the butt, please!

1 comment: